All you need to know about top CFP coaching in Chennai
Certified Financial Planner, CFP, is a certification issued by the Financial Planning Standards Board to candidates who wish to take up financial planning as a profession. The certification is recognized globally and is considered as the best authorisation for financial planning training and ethics to practice. To earn this certification, the professionals must fulfil all the criteria as well as successfully crack the 6-module CFP education programme, which requires suitable coaching. At Sulekha, we bring to you verified CFP coaching institutes in your locality that offer excellent training to all aspiring candidates. With an average 5-star rating across multiple user reviews, our Sulekha specialists offer unmatched services. Read on to know more about why to choose Sulekha, the various CFP classes in chennai, CFP course duration and fees in India and much more.
Why choose Sulekha?
With Sulekha, you can choose from top verified CFP coaching classes in chennai located in prime districts. These coaching centres offer laborious and industry-relevant training along with complete online assistance to all ambitious candidates. To enrol yourself, fill-up the form by choosing your requirements and our experts will get back to you with several shortlisted coaching institutes. You can evaluate and compare these institutes to ensure you make the most excellent choice.
CFP course details
The CFP course duration is one year. The certification programme covers all aspects pertaining to planning, managing, directing, arranging and controlling the financial resources of an organization. A candidate can obtain the CFP certification under two means:
- Regular Pathway: The candidate must have cleared class 12th and should have successfully cracked all 5 CFP exam covering all modules to be a certified CFP by the FPSB.
- Challenge Status Pathway: The candidates who have cleared CA Intermediate level, CS, CFA, ICWA, PhD, MPhil, LLB, PG, Actuary and more such civil service examinations conducted by the UPSC can apply through this pathway. In this, the candidate is only required to crack the fifth exam of CFP to earn the certification.
The CFP exams are divided into five papers for six modules which are covered throughout CFP course syllabus. There is no separate exam held for the first module. The six modules are as under:
|Module 1||Introduction to Financial Planning|
|Module 2||Risk Analysis and Insurance Planning|
|Module 3||Retirement Planning and Employee Benefits|
|Module 4||Investment planning|
|Module 5||Tax Planning and Estate Planning|
|Module 6||Advanced Financial Planning|
Benefits of the certification course
It is believed that by 2021, there would be a 70 trillion USD surplus that would need to be invested. Thereby making the role of the investment or financial planner crucial and absolutely necessary in the world of finance. Having a certification would help all financial planners make effective change and gain employment in the emergent competitive market.
- Popular and recognized There are many certification courses for financial planners. However, this one is the most recognized and popular courses related to Financial Planning & Wealth Management.
- Seek suitable employment The opportunity for the candidate to seek employment at well-established places for financial planners. The candidates can become Wealth Manager, Financial Planner, work at firms, and Banks. Seek employment at a brokerage dealing with equities, securities like Mutual Fund.
- Career advancement It would significantly improve the candidates’ chance of getting a promotion and advancing their career in the financial sector. It also helps with careers in taxation, mutual funds, and insurance.
- Get yourself established For those seeking to open their firms, this certification will be a source of credibility to their knowledge and competency in the field.
Earning the CFP Certification
To earn the CFP designation, candidates need to complete all the requirements under 4 Es i.e. eligibility, examination, experience, and ethics. Candidates also need to sign a declaration of code of conduct with FPSB to complete the “Ethics” requirement. Before or after the CFP exam, graduates must complete three years of relevant experience. For non-graduates, they need to have five years of relevant experience to meet the experience requirement. To complete the eligibility and examination, the candidates need to do the following. Eligibility: 12th pass Examination: Applicants must clear five paper covering all the six modules Or Eligibility: Candidate with an advance qualification such as CA / Intermediate level, CFA (US), ICWA, CAIIB, CS, LLB, Ph.D., M.Phil, PG, Licentiate/Associate/ Fellowship of Life Insurance, Actuary, FFSI & FLMI from LOMA, Civil Service Examinations by UPSC are eligible for challenge status. Examination: Need to clear only one paper of advance financial planning.
Details of fees
- Student Registration Fees with FPSB India: Rs 11,540 (valid for 1 year)
- Exam 1-4 Fees: Rs 4,130 per exam per attempt
- Exam 5 Fees: Rs 8,260 per attempt
- CFPCM Certification Fees: 7,080 annual
- Exam pattern for papers 1 to 4 has multiple choice patterns. Following is the marks distribution in each of the exam:
- There are 38 questions carrying 1 mark each to a total of 38 marks.
- There are 15 questions of 2 marks each, with a total of 30 marks.
- There are ten questions of 4 marks each with a total of 40 marks.
- So, there are a total of 77 questions of 150 marks. The time allotted is 2 hours. There is no negative marking.
The syllabus would include various models that would develop and consolidate the candidate’s knowledge in the financial field. It includes a six-step process which includes Financial Planning process, Client Interactions, Time Value of Money Applications, Personal Financial Statements, Cash flow and Debt Management, Asset Acquisition, Education Planning, Overview of Risk Management, Investment Planning and Retirement Planning, Special Circumstances, Plan Integration, Ethics and Business Aspects of Financial Planning.
CFP job role
The job of a certified CFP professional essentially includes four primary tasks:
- Interviewing different companies and individuals to understand their financial objectives and purpose of investment.
- Assessing the client’s financial status, such as assets, debts, area and flow of income, etc.
- Charting out a robust financial plan for the client, keeping in mind his financial status and goals.
- Implementing the plan and reviewing it frequently to ensure the best outcomes.